Tuesday, February 1, 2011

DRIVING IN KL AND DRIVING IN KUCHING


I been driving in KL for quite sometime now and I still can remember when I'm driving for the first time in KL. Been lost a lot, a lot. But the best things for guy that 'merantau' at KL while driving is you can always giving excuses like just `I'm just moving here, dont know the road and rule quite well yet` when you being stop by traffic police while driving 'selambaly' to left turn without noticing the traffic light( In Kuching there always be a 'turn left when exit is clear at junction' signboard but not in KL).You also can get sympathized from those Traffic Policemen (assuming a lot of them are Borneonian being place in KL, same like you!!).

Traffic Jam

I guess Kuching is getting the same condition like KL day by day. Assuming you back from work at 5.30 pm in the evening, you will find youself stuck at traffic at Jalan Satok via Satok Bridge until the roundabout. With mindset of Kuchingian that prefer to drive slow and steady, it will get you half and hour just to drive between 3-4km from Satok to PJ round about. I guess it getting worse now. While it is more choices to avoid this problem in KL when you have all the toll roads. Luckily I live in the northern area of Kl, where the traffic is slightly less than southern area, (think so). I guess I'm lucky for now.

Driver's Behaviour

I cant noticed the difference between driver behaviour between these two cities until I driving again in Kuching, somewhere last year. I pissed off by how slow the car moving, and its making me like the Massa on the road since I'm used to driving fast. In kl, it is usual to see my side mirror being hit by motorcyclist every week ( 1 hit/week ). And also it is necessity for you to be alert at all time since you never now when the car in lane beside you will be on your lane without proper signal, or signal at all!! Btw, Do you noticed that policemen never used Seat Belt??? Why?? I guess all of them have undergo certain course ('kebal' for policemen - KBP101). There should be a specific entree on this matter. Few month ago, I suprisely saw few policemen on bike run on red traffic light and going the wrong direction on the road.

Wooh, I'm piss off!!!


(Credited to anakwilayah)

No comments:

Post a Comment